Monday, March 31, 2008

Monday Morning Links

The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao routed The Remainder to win the 2008 Tournament of Books. As a bookseller, I'm curious to see whether this impacts sales at all. Most awards don't seem to have an immediate or overwhelming impact, at least not at the places I've worked.

Looking for a bookshelf? Don't limit yourself to those boring old slats of wood. Try something inventive, like a circular shelf.

It's opening day of the baseball season (sort of), so if I seem distracted, you'll know why.

Jacket Copy is exploring my neighborhood today, with a post about the Shakespeare Bridge, which is so named because...nobody knows.

Check back in tomorrow, as I have a special treat in store for the month of April. What is it, you ask? You'll have to come back to find out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home