Monday, April 28, 2008

After the Festival of Books

In my mind, and probably in the minds of many people at Vroman's, I've been marking time by the Festival of Books. Last week was "One week before the Festival of Books," and today, finally, is one day after the Festival of Books. It was nice to crawl to my desk, groggy and sore, and find this wonderful writeup about Vroman's in my inbox. This article is running in the next issue of Publishers Weekly, and it appears today on Edward Nawotka's Books: Consumed and Digested blog. I think it's a great article that captures what makes our store so unique.

Thank you so much to everyone who stopped by the Vroman's booth at the LA Times Festival of Books. We were thrilled with the turnout and the enthusiasm that everybody showed. I just can't reconcile the experience of the Festival of Books with the constant barrage of reports that reading is in decline or that people don't care about books. Is it possible that LA is a bit more literary than other areas of the country? Maybe. Anyway, it was a great weekend all around (despite blast furnace heat both days). We'll see you there next year!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home