Friday is For Links
As the weekend looms, some links to send you on your way:
- The 1001 books to read before you die. I can just see myself getting really far into the list, like one book away, then finding myself on a doomed airplane. Plummeting to earth, my death just moments away, I stand up: "Shit! Does anybody on-board have a copy of Moll Flanders?" Making lists like this is stupid.
- The Morning News has a list of stuff they like on the Internet this year. They call it the 2008 Eddys. I was all jazzed to check out Colorwars, which they dub "what the web’s next wave will look like: Twitter-fied mob jollies, or, Improv Everywhere applied to Web 2.0." But then the link was broken.
- This is what happens when Mark Sarvas goes on book tour and misses a few days of blogging.
- Books aren't the only thing people like to list. "How this ranking of the parade of gleaming pneumatic women will affect young men isn't clear."
- Lewis Black is coming to Vroman's in June. I'm excited. You will be too after you watch this video (Warning! Audio is very NSFW. Dude shouts a lot):
- Apropos of nothing at all, how badass is Kingsley Amis' Wikipedia photo: