Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Put the Poem in Your Pocket

Today's poem will have to wait until later, as I've got a busy morning ahead of me. In the meantime, I wanted to pass along word of Poem in Your Pocket Day, which will be celebrated on next Thursday, April 17. According to the Academy of American Poets' website, you should "select a poem then carry it with you ... and unfold it with family, friends, and coworkers throughout the day." If you run into me on Poem in Your Pocket Day, ask me what my poem is. You won't be disappointed.

2 Comments:

At 12:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Patrick,
We would love to know which poem you carried today.
Best, Elaine
npm@poets.org

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Hi Elaine,

I don't know if you saw my post yesterday, but I carried my favorite poem, "The Emperor of Ice-Cream," by Wallace Stevens.

Thanks for commenting.

Best,

Patrick

 

Post a Comment

<< Home