Monday, August 25, 2008

It Was Monday When He Posted the Links

No more Olympics. I heard it was grand:

  • In Pitchfork today is an excerpt of the new book It Still Moves by Pitchfork staffer Amanda Petrusich. I'm excited about this book, as it seems to be about exactly the kind of music I like.
  • The CIA is pissed about Ron Suskind's new book, The Way of the World. Suskind asserts that the CIA, on orders from the President, fabricated "a letter describing a level of cooperation between Saddam Hussein and al-Qa’ida that simply did not exist." They go on to say, "To assert, as Suskind does, that the White House would request such a document, and that the Agency would accept such a task, says something about him and nothing about us. It did not happen." Not to make a joke about something so serious, but CIA lingo is simply awesome. I love that they call the people they report to in government their "customers."
  • Emma at Avery has a great post about how wonderful TV is. Well, not all TV. She doesn't mention "The Hills," though that is undoubtedly wonderful. She does mention "Friday Night Lights," the best, most addictive show on TV now that "The Wire" is gone. As I've noted a few times on this blog, I no longer have cable, and my TV gets no reception, meaning I can't watch the new season of "Friday Night Lights." This makes me sad. No Tyra.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Emma said...

You know, for most of the first season, Tyra was too trampy and pathetic for me to deal with, but even with all the hullaballoo, I have to admit she looks pretty good in season two...I'll keep you posted on season three.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

You say "too trampy" like it's a bad thing.

 
At 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love her hair short, and her beauty marks--they're all over her face!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

My deep affection for Tyra stems, at least in part, from my all-consuming hatred of Lyla Garrity. "Jason!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home