Monday, October 06, 2008

Vroman's Podcast 6: Otis Chandler


For the latest edition of Vroman's Podcast, we're trying something different. Our guest this week isn't an author, but he is among the more important people in the book business today. Otis Chandler is the founder of Goodreads.com, a social networking site for readers. I have a Goodreads account, as do many of my friends. Vroman's has its own group (Big ups to the Vroman's Goodreads group!), and the site continues to evolve, playing host to over 650,000 users, some of whom are both authors and readers.

In this interview, which runs about 26 minutes long, Otis and I talk about the history of Goodreads, the future of social networking sites, and of course, what he's reading right now. In the process, I learned a bit about web design, and I said "I'm curious" about forty times (Seriously. There should be a drinking game or something.).

To download the podcast, click here.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:08 PM, Blogger Janet said...

Thanks, Patrick! The very end is cut off, so we miss your goodbyes. Tragic.

Do you get nervous about the interviews, by the way?

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger Kristin Buxton said...

Is there an RSS feed for the podcasts so I subscribe in iTunes?

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Janet,

Sorry about the ending. There was no graceful way out of the interview (sometimes the ending is the hardest part). I probably should've added some silence at the end to make it more natural.

I do get nervous. I can't believe it isn't always obvious.

As for the RSS feeds, I don't have a separate RSS feed set up for the podcasts, but I'm hoping to get one going soon. I will advertise it when/if it becomes available.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home