Friday, November 07, 2008

Friday Already?

This week seemed to fly by for me. Some bookish things happened. A brief breakdown follows:
  • Michael Crichton passed away this week. He's remembered here and here.
  • Tony Hillerman passed away last week. He was among my father's favorite authors. He's remembered here.
  • My Twitter feed is finally paying dividends, as Sarah Rettger tipped me off to the utter insanity that is the cover of Stephen King's new book, Just After Sunset:
I feel like I'm spinning when I look at that cover. Not good. Have a good weekend everybody. I'll be spending my Sunday with Martha Stewart!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:32 PM, Blogger Sarah Rettger said...

Just think about how many designers and marketing people must have signed off on that - and not one of them thought that the fuzzy cover was a pretty good way to ensure that the book gets faced-out as infrequently as possible?

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

It's like the cover is rushing right at me!

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Emma said...

LOVE all martha's rules. i wouldn't want to be the one to break out a camera, that's for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home