Friday, January 23, 2009

Vroman's Trivia Day 7: The End

Yesterday's quote was, of course, one of the famous "Rocket Limericks" from Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's Rainbow, the longest, most bizarre Marx Brothers novel ever written. A hint was the diagram of a rocket that I tried to put in the background. My wife told me that this in fact looked like a sunny side up egg. EPIC FAIL on my part. Sorry.

Congratulations to Efren, who took first place with 3 points, E who continued his string of dominance with 2 points, and Don, who snuck in there for a single point.

For today's clue, let's try something a touch different. I think the quote is pretty easy, so you have to tell me the book it comes from, the author (or authors of the book), and the character who said it. Tall order, I know, but come on, it's the last day. Leave it all on the blog.


Email your guesses to pbrown@vromansbookstore.com. Thanks for playing, and good luck to all. The winner of the contest will be announced Monday.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home