Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Vroman's Trivia

Things feel a bit slow on the internet today, so I thought I'd introduce something new. Starting tomorrow, we will be playing Vroman's Trivia! The way it works is quite simple. I will post a little graphic quote (Just something I've thrown together in Photoshop), and you will have to guess what book it comes from. The first person to email me (pbrown@vromansbookstore.com) the correct title of the book will receive 3 points. The second person will get 2, and the third will get 1. Fourth place is you're fired.

We'll run the contest from tomorrow through next Friday, meaning that there will be seven quotes. At the end of the contest, I will announce the three top finishers, and each of them will get a fabulous prize.

What's that you say? You require a hint as to what kinds of books we'll be quoting? Okay. The quotes will all come from new-ish classics. Books from the last forty years or so, but books that you will have heard of. Hopefully. For your sake.

You need a sample? Really? Okay, fine. What book is this quote from?


Anybody?

The correct answer is Then We Came to the End by Joshua Ferris. Now wasn't that easy? (It will be harder next time, since I won't name the image after the title of the book.)

I will give the answer to the previous day's quote when I give the new quote. Good luck, everyone!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:30 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I want the steak knives.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home