Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Link Fest

After two marathon posts about BEA, I'm not sure what blogginess I've got in me today, so I'll make this brief.
  • Emma Straub interviews Lorrie Moore about what kind of music she likes over at the Avery Anthology blog. We all know in what high esteem I hold Ms. Moore, so you can imagine my jealousy to discover that Moore made Emma a mixed CD. That would be like getting a birthday card from, I don't know, Pedro Martinez.
  • Mark Sarvas interviewed at LA Weekly: "LA Weekly: Do you find that the power balance has shifted? There is a sense, with lit blogs, of the seizing of the means of production.

    Sarvas: There is, but I wonder if the power is a bit ... illusory? My blog has a great deal of visibility, but I’m not finding that the turnout for my events is necessarily much higher than for any other literary-fiction book tour coming through town. I’m starting to get a sense of what the limits of our power are." That's the pain of working bookstore events. You see so many talented authors come through town and the turnout is sometimes not what you'd hope. The level of stress before a sparsely-attended event can be too much to bear. I hate to think what it's like for the author.

  • I got a new chair yesterday. It's awesome. It swivels and tilts and rolls, and it has ass-kicking lumbar support. I don't really have a joke here, I just...it's a great chair.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's it about the chair? You write five pages about James Frey and four lousy fragments about the chair? I think you're a seatist.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, there are perks to living in wisconsin, what can i say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home