Thursday, December 11, 2008

Caramels You'll Taste in Your Sleep


Today's gift I'd like to receive are Sea Salt Caramels from the Little Flower Candy Company. I've had these babies before and let me tell you, they are delicious. I've had dreams about these candies. Normally, I'm a chocolate guy (ideally dark chocolate, even more ideally dark chocolate over caramel) but these caramels are enough to convert even the most ardent chocoholic (which is, of course, one who is addicted to chocohol). In short, they're the sort of caramels that make you say, "Lawdhepmejesus!"

The Little Flower Candy Company is a local candy shop located just down Colorado Blvd from us in nearby Eagle Rock. They make all sorts of otherworldly confections, and they've got a cute little sandwich shop as a storefront. It's a great spot to stop in for a nice lunch, just be prepared to leave with a bag of sweets, too. You can also find them around town, including at one of my favorite spots, The Cheese Store of Silverlake.

(By the way, I say "car-mel." You say "care-a-mel"? Heretic!)

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Patrick. Good taste in books, good taste in candy; my wife and i go there all the time (even the art on the walls is fantastic).

(Disclosure: I know the artist and the candymaker, but it's all still true.)

 
At 7:50 AM, Blogger Sarah Rettger said...

Car-mel. Absolutely.

But I don't care what New Yorkers say, that is *not* the correct pronunciation of the placename.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Libby said...

I say car-mel. Car-a-mel-Grrr!!!! I simply must try these. I hope they aren't so amazing they make me leave the East Coast!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home