Tuesday, December 09, 2008

An Assortment of Greatness

My head feels as if it's suspended in a jar of jelly, so you'll forgive me if I don't have something meatier to offer this fair morning afternoon. In lieu of substance, I offer a few things that have gotten me through the day so far.
  • Speaking of Obama, The 10 Worst Predictions of 2008:
    “If [Hillary Clinton] gets a race against John Edwards and Barack Obama, she’s going to be the nominee. Gore is the only threat to her, then. … Barack Obama is not going to beat Hillary Clinton in a single Democratic primary. I’ll predict that right now.” —William Kristol, Fox News Sunday (Of course, this prediction was made in 2006, so...) (via The Morning News)
  • I got a kick out of this NY Times article about contentious book clubs, although this is a touch snide, even for me: "It was bad enough that they wanted to read 'Da Vinci Code' in the first place," Ms. Bowie said, "but then they wanted to talk about it.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 5:47 PM, Blogger Anne said...

I believe *you* will make Ms. Klam's list of favorite people of 2008. Ten bucks, in fact, says you will.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't take the bet, Patrick.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Patrick said...

Hmm, there's probably a way to game the system here. Wanna make $5 bucks, Julie?

 
At 1:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothin's a lock, Boog, nothin's a lock

 

Post a Comment

<< Home