Thursday, June 12, 2008

I've Been Busy, Okay?

It's been a slow week, blogging wise, which means it's been a really busy week otherwise. I promise that new and terrifying developments are coming soon to the Vroman's blog. I don't want to build it up too much. I learned my lesson from the ABA, who hyped their "new initiative" all day long like it was the Super Bowl, and then at the end of the day it was like, "Oh. You changed the logo. Right on." (I kid the ABA.) Anyway, I can't say much about it, but suffice to say that once you've experienced it, you'll never play the piano again.

In the meantime, may I direct you to a few interesting literary bits on the internet:
  • Please read the terrific interview with Julie Klam on the Granta website. It's every bit as funny as you'd expect from her.
  • Max, the founder and editor of The Millions, appeared on Minnesota Public Radio this morning to discuss the role of literary blogs in the critical sphere. You can check it out here.
  • The Book Digest at The Morning News features a couple of authors with upcoming events at Vroman's -- Darrin Strauss, for his new book More Than It Hurts You, and George Lakoff, for The Political Mind. Get your George Lakoff tickets at Vroman's today!
  • So...what'd ya think of the Top Chef finale? I was pulling for Richard, but I'm happy that Stephanie won. You just knew Lisa wasn't going to win, no matter how good her final menu was. According to Bravo's in-show poll, only 3% of the people watching the show wanted her to win. That's a sub-Bush level approval rating right there. While I bet her food was good, how much better can you make Tom Kha Kai soup? Living in LA, I'm pretty sure I've had amazing Tom Kha Kai soup, while I don't think I've ever had most of the stuff Stephanie made (to say nothing of Richard's bacon ice cream).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 2:51 PM, Blogger Emma said...

Thank heaven Stephanie won. Richard will be fine. Lisa was insufferable. It's so nice when the world behaves, and does as it should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home