Thursday, June 19, 2008

The Silence of the Blogosphere

Has anyone else noticed that a lot of the blogs have gone silent? Not just this one, but a bunch of them. What's up? Summer doldrums? Everybody's busy reading Ulysses after I zinged them on Monday? Over at Jacket Copy, they've been going on and on about Denis Johnson's serialized novel in Playboy. Am I the only one who doesn't really care? Maybe it's just that I don't read Playboy. Counterbalance has been silent since Monday. The Elegant Variation is on the road. Everybody's busy. Even Madonna's brother's tell-all book barely caused a ripple.

As for me, I've been busy with work (both related and unrelated to the blog), and it's really hot here. Like summer-in-Riyadh hot. Yeah, I know, it's a dry heat. People keep telling me this, like I'm supposed to be happy about it. I'm not. The only person less happy than me is my dog, and he wears the same white fur coat every day, like Jay-Z.

Anyway, this post is my way of saying I'll pick up the pace a little in the near future. On Monday, I'm going to unveil some very exciting new stuff, so you'll want to be here then.

Until then, let me just say this: Lewis Black. At Vroman's. Friday night. For free. See you there. Bring your own mist machine, if you have one.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Emma said...

No offense to the pup, but I doubt that Jay Z wears the same fur coat everyday. What I do no doubt is that Jay Z has an entire closet full of identical ones. Omar is the only one who keeps it real.

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hear you man. I have been quiet, too. My daughter is graduating from Pre-K on Tuesday and I am helping her work on her resume.

 
At 3:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're here for you, we're reading your blog while everybody else but you and us is on vacation. BTW, it's humid here - try Tucson first.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

Emma,

I probably should've picked a more obscure rapper, somebody who can only afford one fur coat. Somebody like, I don't know...Lil Wayne.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home