Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great ShakeOut

After participating in the Great ShakeOut, a statewide earthquake preparedness training session, Vroman's is now prepared for a major earthquake. At ten a.m. this morning, everyone took time to imagine what they would do if a 7.8 magnitude earthquake hit the area. We know where to hide, where our emergency supplies are, where our flashlights are. Should the earthquake hit, we are ready. For my part, I practiced saying "Ohmygodohmygodohmygodohmygod" over and over again while waving my arms like a lunatic. I've even perfected my high-pitched terrified shriek, so I'm good to go.

The best part of being in a bookstore during an earthqauke is that we have a lot of reading material. Personally, if I'm trapped under my desk for three days, I'm going to use that time to read Robert Bolano's 2666, upon which the New York Times heaped massive praise this morning. What would you like to read if you were trapped under your desk, in an elevator, or in a subway car during a massive earthquake?

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The World Without Us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home