Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Bookish Links

I've got some longer post ideas percolating, but for now, I'll just direct your attention to a couple of things of note on the net at the moment:
  • Mark has suggested moving the LA Times Book Review entirely online. In the comments, there are various arguments for or against the move. It doesn't seem terribly radical to me (of course, my first thought upon reading this post was "Wait, they still publish a print version of the LA Times?), and I like the idea of an expanded book review, with features, interviews, longer reviews, more content, and better writers. So what's the hold up?
  • HBO has purchased Sloane Crosley's collection I Was Told There'd Be Cake, guaranteeing that it will forever be compared to Sex and The City (I'm like a week late on this. My internet was out over the 4th of July weekend. Thanks a lot, AT&T.).

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nam Le was indeed very brave to wear a mere T-shirt on a TV set -- we all admired him for it -- and for managing to concentrate on the conversation. We have now realized that our invitations should include a reminder to our guests that sets are like freezers - and that in the studios, cameras take precedence to anything else! Lesson learned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home