Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy All Star Break, Everybody!

"I went to the restaurant where I always went to the restaurant and I sat down on the stool before the long counter and ordered coffee. It tasted pretty much like coffee, but it wasn't worth the nickel. Sitting there I smoked a couple of cigarets, read the box scores of the American League games, scrupulously avoided the box scores of the National League games, and noted with satisfaction that Joe DiMaggio was still a credit to the Italian people, because he was leading the league in batting."
That's the third paragraph of John Fante's Ask the Dust, and it nicely crystallizes my feelings about tonight's All Star game. I will be rooting for the American League to once again thump the inferior National League...Well, I'll be rooting for every American League player except Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez, who I hope will be revealed to be the true perpetrators of the Obama New Yorker cover. (On the subject of Derek Jeter, did you here that his defense sucks? Remember that when you see hit after hit slipping just past him to his left.)

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you expect to get a lot of use out of your "Derek Jeter Sucks" tag?

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

If this is the only post, it was still worth it...but you never know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home